(reblogged from PaperFury)
The most dastardly calamity a bookworm faces is death by TBR.
Bookworms don’t want an extra day in the weekend for reading — bookworms want IMMORTALITY because their TBR is the size of the Galapagos Islands. This is the truth. I SEE IT IN YOUR EYES.
As a nice and helpful blogger what I really should do is give you a list of ways to stay alive despite your TBR giving you the death glare and growing without permission. BUT I AM NOT A NICE BLOGGER. I am an evil overlord in progress. I am about to list a gazillion YA 2016 releases you know you need so very badly. Trying to afford them is a woeful downside. You’ll probably have to sell your furniture or your sister or a spleen or two. (I’m aware you only have one. It doesn’t have to be just your spleen is what I’m saying…)
DON’T SAY YOU WEREN’T WARNED OF THIS POST’S EVIL INTENTIONS.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is “Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year“ because I already tortured you with lists of books earlier this year. So here are MORE. And I’m not going to list the obvious ones. I mean, HECK YES WE’RE ALL WAITING FOR GEMINA AND HEARTLESS. So let’s explode your TBR with the less known delightful gems. Get ready to sell your spleen.
ALSO THERE WILL BE MORE THAN 10 BECAUSE I’M LOKI AND DO WHAT I WANT.
As proved by last week’s TTT…fantasy is my favourite thing of ever. So obviously this section has the most terribly wondrous excitement from me.
- NEVERNIGHT: This is about assassins and it actually sounds like THERE WILL BE ASSASSINING. So that’s good news. (Wait…did I just say that…) [August]
- THE ARCHITECT OF SONG: I am such a wild rabid fan of AG Howard’s splintered series so do I want her new (New Adult, by the way)? HECK YES. It promises ghostly companions (!!!) and a deaf protagonist (!!!) (which sound a lot like my wattpad story honestly, so I’m 100% down for this). [August]
- THREE DARK CROWNS: This is about sisters who are queens who are fighting for one crown. I LOVE THAT. Sibling rivalry! Always relatable! Always…in good…fun? [September]
- SCYTHE: I mostly want this because NEAL SHUSTERMAN GOODNESS, but also because it’s about the grim reaper having apprentices basically. Who can say no to that? [November]
- MAGIC BITTER MAGIC SWEET: It’s about MAGICAL BAKING!!! This speaks to me on a spiritual level already. Finally someone is giving cake the magical recognition it deserves! [June]
- THE QUEEN OF BLOOD: Despite a horrendous cover — this sounds really epic. The blurb promises spirits that hate humans (#relatable) and also royalty and magical wars and just all the good ol’ stuff. [September]
- A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING: This features a girl who can burst into flames set in Victorian London with demons. YAY GOOD TIMES. [September]
- TIMEKEEPER: It’s an alternate Victorian London controlled by two clock towers. Doesn’t that sound exciting? EXCITING. Plus the protagonist is a mechanic and the blurb says it’s for vans of VE Schwab. Sign me up like NINE TIMES, PLEASE. [November]